ESPN's Israel Gutierrez Comes Out As Gay And Gets Married (STATEMENT)

ESPN's sports reporter Israel Gutierrez has come out as gay and he also announced that he is getting married next weekend. 






"I've been agonizing for months trying to figure out how to do this," Gutierrez, 38, wrote on his personal blog, noting: "It's been incredibly difficult, to the point where I usually talk myself in circles and end up making very little sense. So I decided on this simple blog entry. No formalities, no restrictions, just me letting you into a portion of my life I've kept largely separate from my professional career."



"I'm gay, which plenty of people, I'm sure, have either deduced or just guessed as much over the years," Israel revealed.


"But this isn't me "coming out." The truth is, I've been out to friends and family for more than six years," the commentator went on, adding: "The reason I'm tackling this now is, primarily, because I'm getting married on September 12. And besides the fact that it would be annoying to tell my story every time someone sees my wedding ring, it just seemed like a natural time to get this out in the open."


Gutierrez also discussed his self-hatred over being gay and how he eventually was able to come to terms with his true self after meeting his current fiance, David Kitchen.


Check out the full post HERE.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts