Rebecca De Mornay Quotes

1. I just think that I'll never have plastic surgery if I'm not in front of the camera. If you make your living selling this thing, which is the way you look, then maybe you do it. But trust me, the minute I'm directing or producing and not starring, I would never even think of it.

   







2. (referring to Patrick John Flueger, Deborah Ann Woll, Warren Kole and Matt O'Leary) Just want to say, the actors playing my 4 kids are fantastic, and I'm very proud of them, as Mother, but also as Rebecca.


3. When I was very young I wanted to be a professional horseback rider. Then I wanted to be a pop singer. Then I wanted to be a psychiatrist. Then I wanted to be a movie director.





4. I was so amazingly witty when I had the No. 1 movie, you have no idea. People laughed at every single one of my jokes. Then when I hadn't had a hit for three or four years, some of these same people pretended they didn't see me when I walked in the room.


5. I feel a terrifically painful disturbance in the natural law of things between men and women that must be balanced in the next few thousand years. What has been done in the name of holding up masculine energy as God and feminine energy as subservient has really wiped out everything.







6. There are a lot of things that I love, but if you're just completely invested in those things, their opposite can kick you over...So the trick is finding out how to maintain your balance when you're in situations with the people who make you happy and when you're not.


7. I hate plastic surgery. I have a horror of any kind of knife. I don't like it.







8. I grew up in Europe, and I used to like those very slow-moving European films. I've been contaminated by the American TV culture, and I just want things to move faster now.



9. It's a very difficult thing for people to accept, seeing women act out anger on the screen. We're more accustomed to seeing men expressing rage and women crying.


10. I think I'm well on the way of overcoming a very big hurdle that's been in my way for several years. Which is trying to find a way to not let the insecurity of my profession get the better of me and make me crazy. I'm trying to find a way to maintain my own personal balance in the midst of everything.

11. I think there's a knowingness in my face.


12. I don't see it as a form of healing, because if you have wounds that are bleeding I don't think acting will ever get them to stop. But I find acting is a form of illumination.


13. I may be an optimist.



14. I've never committed to a role without a script.



15. Everything I thought about acting and having a movie career has changed from what I thought when I started.




16. I love my friends. I love my love-life. I love my hobbies. I love eating.




17. I just want to tell stories that have an impact on people. Somebody needs to have an impact because people are lost. People are really lost.


18. I've made some great movies. "Risky Business" still stands up. It's timeless. They study that film in film school.

19. I'm voraciously looking to express myself in my work. I love my work.


20. I have this very strange sensitive skin. If I put anything on it but this one product, it erupts into a rash.


21. I was just glad to be going to work again.


22. Vivien Leigh was a phenomenal actress, a very complicated woman, living on the edge of mental problems, haunted by demons and angels. And though I've never thought of myself like Marilyn Monroe, I was inspired by the tremendous risk she took - of being vulnerable.


23. I've never had a manager, and I've had various agents, and, fortunately or unfortunately, I've been blessed.


What do you think of Rebecca De Mornay quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts