Tim Curry Quotes

1. My specialty roles are Louche, Brio, and Bravura.


2. Um, musicians are funnier you know, than actors on the whole.

3. ("The Making of Gabriel Knight") Gabriel Knight is VERY, very cool. And impossibly handsome. So of course, they picked me.

4. Don't dream it, be it.


5. (with reference to climbing volcanos while filming Congo 1995) I smoke two packs of Marlboros a day, which doesn't go well with volcanos.








6. But we live in a modern world, you know, and, and also it does seem to me that if you - that whatever talents you have, it…I mean it may sound a bit absurd but I, I think it's your, absolutely your duty to resolve them, you know?


7. (on rapidly evolving computer technology) Any new way to infiltrate myself into your minds.

8. I'm not a conventional leading man at all and have no wish to be.

9. (Speaking to a crowd at a "Rocky Horror Picture Show" convention) It's so comforting to know that there are so many people in this world sicker than I am.

10. I want to establish a wide range and play all kinds of parts. It's that sort of acting career I really respect. I like to turn a sharp left from whatever I've done before because that keeps me awake. That's why I want to be an actor - I don't want to play endless variations on one character.


11. (on his character of Dr. Frank-N-Furter) The thing about playing somebody like that is it wakes you up to all these possibilities. I mean the one thing I've been very concerned about is to not limit myself either, whether it's artistically, physically, sexually or mentally. He's been a great lesson to me, put it that way.



12. One of the best things that ever happened to me was "Rocky Horror" being a total flop in New York as a play. I mean, it was a disaster, and it was the night of the long knives as far as the critics were concerned.


13. (on "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" 1975) It is parody but I play it and think of it as a kind of grisly reality. Frank-N-Furter, as a variation on Frankenstein, is obsessed with image and the way that things look, but I see him and play him as a grisly, real freak.


14. The people on the business side in the music business are kind of different from the theatre business. I think it's partly because there are different pressures on the industries.


15. (on how "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" (1975) has left an impact) I think one of the things it has done to audiences, particularly early in the game, and actually still now, is that it's been very kind of liberating sexually for them, and I guess it was very liberating for me too because it was a huge step to make. And certainly my agents were worried that it would kind of ruin my career and, of course, it hasn't. For me it was, I think, the most joyous time of my life. You know, I was still very young, it took me to Hollywood and to Broadway and into a kind of very peculiar immortality, and I'm very grateful for that.

16. They couldn't call it "The Best of Tim Curry CD Greatest Hits" because there weren't any.


What do you think of Tim Curry's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts