Giorgio Armani Quotes

1. There's a lot of trousers. There are some dresses, about 20 of them...Skirts are just above the knee. I've also done Bermuda shorts. They're cut on the bias to give them a lot of movement, and they're also very light.


2. The difference between style and fashion is quality.


3. You can see from my retrospective show that many products reflect the Chinese inspiration.


4. In the end, the customer doesn't know, or care, if you are small or large as an organization. She or he only focuses on the garment hanging on the rail in the store.

5. I didn't have a happy childhood.

6. Women want to be sexy, so I will make them sexy.


7. I believe that my clothes can give people a better image of themselves - that it can increase their feelings of confidence and happiness.


8. War taught me that not everything is glamorous.



9. Jeans represent democracy in fashion.

10. I've used a lot of jersey, but I've also done a lot of complex pattern weaves in these fabrics in solid colors, and there are lots of little dresses for cocktail and evening. I've done a series of very important evening dresses as well, just to show that these two ideas can also work well together. Today's woman can wear an important evening dress or a simple pant and top. It's all in the personality of the woman.


11. The world is changing and so is fashion.





12. I believe that style is the only real luxury that is really desirable.

13. You won't notice the top models in the show. You won't be able to recognize them...It's about having this one concept, this one woman.


14. There are so many things to take into account - your ambition, your ego, the press, the consumers. You can never be sure that you'll be on top of the pile again.



15. There are always protests, whether you do something good or bad. Even if you do something beneficial, people say you do it because it's advertising.

16. I've always thought of the T-shirt as the Alpha and Omega of the fashion alphabet.


17. The creative universe begins with its essentiality, and, whatever path the imagination takes, ends with its purity...I love the T-shirt as an anti-status symbol, putting rich and poor on the same level in a sheath of white cotton that cancels the distinctions of caste.

18. The products that are moving out of the stores the fastest are those that are most expensive.

19. I love things that age well - things that don't date, that stand the test of time and that become living examples of the absolute best.


20. It would be very hard for me to do things somebody else's way.





21. Why do I put myself in a position to be cast aside or not considered as I would like to? Because I am a creative mind, because I still aspire to be one.

22. China approaches fashion with strong enthusiasm. And I believe that this enthusiasm can be translated into something interesting, economically speaking. Not only for my brand, but also for other brands.


23. It always depends on how it's done - it mustn't be overtly exhibitionist.

24. I find that fashion recently has been a little too hasty. Oftentimes it's put together quickly to catch the attention of the media, and I didn't want to do that.

25. To create something exceptional, your mindset must be relentlessly focused on the smallest detail.

26. It is difficult to talk about fashion in the abstract, without a human body before my eyes, without drawings, without a choice of fabric - without a practical or visual reality.


27. I think at the moment everyone wants to render women more sexy...I want to render a woman more sexy, but dressed, with the form, the cut, the proportion, the length of the leg.




28. I wanted to dress the woman who lives and works, not the woman in a painting.

29. You can think you've made it and yet the next day's press will always be waiting for you, the public will always ask more of you. In short, you can always do better!


30. I design for real people. I think of our customers all the time. There is no virtue whatsoever in creating clothing or accessories that are not practical.





31. Actually I am very glad that people can buy Armani - even if it's a fake. I like the fact that I'm so popular around the world.

32. Androgynous today means that men and women have the same attitude towards what they want to wear…It's not unisex dressing, but more the idea that you can see a jacket on a woman in this show, which you can just as easily see on a man.


33. Accessories are important and becoming more and more important every day. They can completely change the look of an outfit, and women like the idea of having a wardrobe that's versatile. For instance, a strong piece of jewelry can make a simple outfit look elegant.

34. In practice, I've had a presence in China since 1998 with my commercial spaces and shops.

35. I was an observer. I liked to listen rather than openly express myself. This trait is something that I've retained over the years.


36. The glimpse of a young woman's beautiful breast is a pleasure.


37. An ordinary person can simply walk into a shop and feel that they can participate in helping the needy by simply buying a perfume.

38. Never in my wildest dreams did I entertain the idea that I would become a fashion designer.


What do you think of Giorgio Armani's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts